Wednesday 30 March 2011

Finding Santa!

In my country people don’t celebrate Christmas including my parents all the children here are told that he is not true and they believe them but I don’t believe my parent’s. My cousin gets presents from Santa every year but this year on Christmas night I am going to go searching for Santa. People say Santa lives all the way out at the north pole but how do the now if they all don’t believe him I mean how far could it really be the world isn’t that big well I don’t Achilly now I’ve never took 1 step outside the country gates.
It is the night before Christmas and everyone was doing nothing even me but then I had an idea I could do the trip tonight if mean at least start tonight but I have to come up with a plan to trick mum and dad. I could just tell mum and dad that I’m going to see Santa they won’t believe me any way they don’t believe him so I go and tell mum and dad that I am going to go to find him of curse they just said whatever you can do what you won’t we don’t care. I thought that was awesome so I packed some supplies then I set of to be the first ever one to find Santa.
When I set of I thought about if Santa was really real and if he isn’t then this big trip is a waste of time. If Santa wasn’t real how would the would were my cousin lives get presents. But there was no time to waste so I carried on walking to find Santa, I past a lot of animals then I came into this very strange city called tri land I thought about the name and I had heard that word before it was something that my mother told me any way I carried on down the street of tri land and sore someone familiar he looked like uncle Jo who was in jail a couple of years ago.
I saw him running out the gate then he called my name but I did dent answer soon he went back in the gates so I saw my chance to run. I run down this big long twisty path then it came to an end I had run so far that I could not see anything behide me or in front of me I was lost in the middle of nowhere and had no map or a compass so I figured just to keep walking until I found a city or someone to talk to, to ask for directions. I walked about 6 meters and sore nothing but buses and grass I walked a bit more about 3 meters this time and I sore a HUGE city, it had tall buildings and liked like they were very rich.
I ran towards the town and sore about 2,000 people walking around the big town I asked a couple of people were Santa lived the just said the north pole so there really not handy then I ask this one person he said it was only about 10 meters from here and gave me a map he must be an expert on Santa or something because no one told me that before or given me a map to find Santa then he said you need really warm clothes because it is freezing at the north pole and if you see Santa get a photo but never show it to other people or Santa will get lots of people trying to see him and he is a busy man.
I told the man I did not have a camera and he gave me his camera I said thanks and carried on walking I looked at the map and it said to go north 8m then turn west for 10m then back north 14m and east 6m then I will be there. So I started to walk north 8m is a very long way and I still have over 29m to go so I decided to walk very slowly... then I finally turned west for 10m... then back north 14m and then the final turn 6m only a little walk but it felt like ages.
I finally made it to Santa’s house it was made out of ginger bread I walked inside and saw some elves working very hard then I walk to the very end of the little house and I saw SANTA it was him and his wife Mrs. clause I said hello and he smiled at me then he said hello, and Mrs. clause said she will go and make us a hot chocolate and Santa started to talk to me he ask me my name, I said locus and he said he had never saw a present for me I told him I live in a country that das not celebrate Christmas and he reached in to his pocket and he gave me a present and it had my name on it.
I opened the present and took out the present it was a funny cat that said I believe in Santa when you press a button, well I do but my family doesn’t. Santa ask me if I liked it well I just said yes and it was true because I had never got given a present in my whole live. Mrs Clause came back with our hot chocolate and we started drinking Mrs. Clause ask me how I found you then Santa asked me if it was a guy with a map and a camera?   I said yes and he told me that he was an elf and he had been set out to find me then he said that they were expecting me. I asked him how he now I was coming he said he was magic I didn’t believe him until he showed me a trick then I believed him. I finished my hot chocolate and thought I better leave to go back home now and I said bye and thanks for the present and the hot chocolate and waved bye then I walked off in joy.
I read the map the other way and got home really quick and I also didn’t see .Uncle Jo maybe he got put back in jail again. When I got home I ran into mum and dad then I showed them my present they thought I was joking and that I just picked it up off the street but I did not care because I knew that Santa was real because I had seen him before so yes anyway the rest of the holidays was Achill quit fun and my life is Achilly getting a little bit more exciting!
            By Kaitlyn Michelle!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so descriptive Kaitlyn and shows your ongoing learning and progress as a very good writer. You've made me believe!!
    You've thought of your audience and chosen words carefully so that they become involved in what you've written and want to read more - fantastic!
    I can't wait to read more of your wonderful writing. I hope you get many comments about this. :-)

    ReplyDelete